Rotary Club of Totnes - Totnes Raft Race
The Rotary Club of Totnes as organisers of the Totnes Raft Race (“we”) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, to keep it safe, and to take every effort to protect your privacy. We pride ourselves on our honesty and openness and will always be clear how, when and why we collect and process your information; we promise we will never do anything with your details that you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We collect information in the following ways:
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
When you complete a registration, consent or sponsorship form related to the event form or communicate with us either by phone, in writing, including email or in person. We are responsible for your data at all times.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example sites like Virgin Money Giving or BT MyDonate or other such services. These independent third parties will only share your information when you have consented. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process your data.
Via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need to in relation to your participation in the event and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect for is:
• Your name
• Your contact details
• Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information
How we will use your data
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting the raft race, these will include:
• Administer your entry or donation, including processing Gift Aid
• Communicating organisational messages and information to participants
• To present our website and its contents to you and to allow you to participate in any interactive features on our website
• Keep a record of your relationship with us
• To keep you informed of future Totnes Raft Race events
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
• For any other purposes with your consent
We do not collect any personal information on members classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR.
Under 18’s data
We do not collect information from under 18’s.
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties for instance; HMRC – for Gift Aid details
Sharing with other third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
How we keep your information safe and who has access to itWe ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details. We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
Where we store your information
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK.
How long we retain your information and how we keep it up to date
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your participation in the Raft Race. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, financial records must be kept for 7 years, information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website
• You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
• You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data.. You can also request a copy of the information which we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge. The application should be made in writing, by letter or email, and addressed to the Raft Race administrator. You have a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked (restrict processing), erased (right to be forgotten), or destroyed.
• You have a right in certain circumstances to data portability.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website www.rotarygbi.org or by notifying you directly.
Our contact details
Totnes Raft Race, Rotary Club of Totnes, Higher Beneknowle, Diptford Totnes TQ9 7NN
ComplaintsIf you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Administrator details above. If you are still unhappy you may contact the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or ++44 1625 545 745
[This privacy notice was last reviewed and updated 22 May 2018]